Military Documents and Personal Check Book
These images include Konnie's certificate of promotion to Sergeant in the 223rd Battalion of the Canadian Overseas Army, 9 September 1916 and his Commission to 2nd Lieutenant in the Royal Flying Corps/Royal Air Force, 24 March 1918.
They also show Konnie's RAF Officer's cheque book from Cox's Bank in London and more importantly the documents required to return home after the War.
Although the war ended on November 11th 1918, he did not return home until April 1919.
visitors to this page
- Training Brigade Transfer Card (Service Record)
- Military Instruction Certificate for promotion to Sergeant
- 2nd Lieutenant's Graduation Certificate
- Officer's Checkbook from Cox & Co. in London front cover
- Officer's Checkbook - inside front cover
- Officer's Checkbook - Cheque
- Soldier's Paybook - Cover
- Soldier's Paybook - Instructions
- Soldier's Paybook - Name & Pay
- Soldier's Paybook - Payments
- Soldier's Paybook - Will
- Soldier's Paybook - Equipment
- Mess Bill from PMC Officer's Mess, Shorncliff, awaiting repatriation to Canada- Mess Bill
- Military repatriation release, to return home at last in May 1919- Release
- Berthing card from the S.S. Canada of the White Star Line, on the way home
Return to front page